The purpose of this blog is to highlight the beautiful city of Guadalajara; the faithful members, the valiant missionaries who serve here, as well as the people, culture, and food.

Monday, April 4, 2016

April Mission Council

Great. Day.




“Serve every day of your mission in such a way that
when you get out of bed every morning, Satan says,
‘Oh no…HE’S AWAKE!’”


***Today, I talked about the positive characteristic we have developed in our lives, that have helped to shape our missionary attitudes.

We contrasted those characteristics with others, that might lead us to not be as effective as we could or should be as a full time missionary.

Attitudes that are casual or relaxed, valiant and faithful, lead to...The Domino Effect.

Our attitudes affect us, our companions our districts, our zones and our areas.

***Attitude boosters
positive attitudes - courageous, bold, energetic, happy, positive, smiling, helpful, service oriented.
All Christlike attitudes - including kindness, giving, empathetic, caring, full of love.
Even family tradition or expectations - my family taught me to be on time, I learned from my father to be honest with my record keeping, I look for the positive in others, I don't quit until I've reached my goal.

***Attitude burdens
Negative attitudes - worry, jealousy, guilt, an unforgiving heart, anger, regret, pride, resentment, wanting to retaliate, fear, insecurity.

Satan loves to load us down like pack mules with these kinds of burdens.

***Hebrews 12:1-2 Lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

***Who sees our outward attitude? Our body language? Our responses as we walk, perhaps after
we have contacted someone, and then we continue walking. How we associate and communicate with our companion?  Everyone.

***Story of the  little boy selling newspapers early one morning, on a busy corner.  A man rushed by him,  bumping him to the ground and spilling his newspapers all over, cursing at him for being in his way, as he rushed off.
Another man came by and stopped to helped this young boy gather his newspapers,
as he walked on, the little boy called out, hey mister, are you Jesus?

***We talk of Christ, we teach of Christ, we are his messengers. But does our behavior and attitude throughout the day, show our true commitment to Him whom we serve?  Do we give out, give in and coast along?  Or do we stay the course, give our best effort, and give all we have to give?

“I’m not ashamed to say that I want to be good. And I’ve found in my life that it has been critically important to establish this intention between me and the Lord so that I knew that HE knew which way I committed my agency. I went before Him and said, ‘I’m not neutral, and you can do with me what you want. If you need my vote—it’s there. I don’t care what you do with me and you don’t have to take anything from me because I give it to you—everything. All I own. All I am.’ And THAT has made all the difference.”          Elder Boyd K. Packer


We want you to give your best efforts and to let it show each and every day.  Let it show, Let it shine!





President Clayton highlighted Alma chapter 8 and likened Alma's experiences as he
was sent to preach in Ammonihah... a second time, to our mission experience today.  


Teaching the Doctrine of Christ is the most fundamental thing we teach.
Understanding faith unto repentance is vital.



Boyd K. Packer taught “True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. “The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior. …


We ended with our council meeting, and testimonies from our 4 departing leaders, Hermana Beovide, Elder Fuimaono, Elder Rodriguez, and Elder Olivarez.


Our Fabulous Sister Training Leaders 
and our Zone Leaders!