The purpose of this blog is to highlight the beautiful city of Guadalajara; the faithful members, the valiant missionaries who serve here, as well as the people, culture, and food.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!

We want to wish each of you a happy Easter.  It is a beautiful Easter morning here in Guadalajara.  President and I attended the Naciones Unidas ward here in Guadalajara.  It is actually our ward, but we travel so much, we have very few opportunities to attend here.  We were thrilled to go this morning and greet Elder Rose and Elder Cabrera  who are serving in this ward.




I woke up this morning while it was still dark. I watched as the sun broke through the darkness bringing in the new morning.  My mind was filled with thoughts of that first glorious Easter morning when indeed the tomb was empty.  He is not here, those first faithful women were told, for he had risen.  I am so grateful for that empty tomb that first Easter morning.  I am certain that with His miraculous and powerful reuniting of His Spirit with His body again, He provided the way for us too to live again.  It is one of the grandest hopes I have to reunite with my own father again.  I know I will.  I know it is because of Jesus Christ. It is because of His matchless power and love for us that we will all live again.  I am full of gratitude this day for my Savior Jesus Christ.